ETH Zurich Excellence Masters Scholarships supports students through financial aid, mentoring, and the ETH Foundation’s network.
The scholarship covers the full study and living costs during the Master’s degree course.
- Host Country: Swaziland
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | CHF 12’000 per semester Stipends
- Deadline: December 15, 2022
For the start in the academic year 2023/24 there will be assigned approximately 60 ESOP scholarships.
The applications are evaluated by the Admissions Committees of the respective Master’s programmes. The final decision for awarding scholarships in the Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme rests with the Rector of ETH Zurich.
The exact number of annual scholarships depends on the availability of funds. The decisions are communicated by end of March.
To be considered for the IMES, you must:
- Very good result in Bachelor’s degree programme (top 10% of Bachelor’s degree programme = grade A)
- Please make sure to be reachable under the telephone number specified in your CV as the selection process might include a phone/VC interview in February
You are not eligible for ESOP if you are already enrolled in ETH Zurich’s Master’s degree program or have a Master’s degree.
In addition to the documents for the Master admission you will need to upload a pre-proposal for your master thesis (Downloadguidelines_preproposal (PDF, 86 KB)vertical_align_bottom).
The master’s thesis pre-proposal must be created by you and follow accepted scientific citation guidelines.
The admission procedure will exclude applicants who use plagiarism or intentionally or negligently provide false information, and if this is later uncovered, the admission as well as any scholarships will be revoked.
For your ESOP application, you must list two reference individuals (professors) if your study program does not request them.
Method of Application
ESOP applications are supplied via eApply (online Master application).
This also applies for ETH Bachelor students for a consecutive Master programme.