Sister2Sister Exchange Program 2023 in USA seeks to provide female students with the tools they need to get beyond cultural barriers. Through this fully funded exchange program, these young women will have the knowledge, confidence, and exposure required to overcome the socio-cultural barriers preventing their entry and retention in the workforce and enabling their contribution to the economy.
Alumni of the fully funded US exchange program are also given access to mentoring programs.
The American University-led Sister2Sister Exchange Program is a public-private collaboration made possible in large part by funding from the U.S. Department of State.
This fully funded program for Pakistani female students adds to the skillsets of female students so that they will be equipped with the educational and professional skills they need. Additionally, this US summer scholarship for undergraduate students is providing a stage for future leaders to be supervised by world-class teachers
Twenty young Pakistani women are given the opportunity to enroll in summer undergraduate courses at American University through its partnerships with the iEARN U.S. and the Society for International Education each year. Applications are strongly encouraged from students with low to moderate incomes and/or those from Baluchistan, Northern Sindh, Southern Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Azad Jammu Kashmir, and Gilgit Baltistan. These female summer exchange program in the USA is primarily in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) fields.
- Host Country: United States of America
- Funded by: The US government
- Partners: iEARN U.S. and the Society for International Education
- Program Type: Fully Funded
- Study/Level(s): Undergraduate
- Duration: 12 days to 50 days
- Number of scholarships: 20
Who is Eligible to apply for the 2023 Sister2Sister Student Exchange Program?
- This US program is for Pakistani undergraduate students.
What are the Benefits of Sister2Sister Exchange Program 2023 in USA?
- Airfare costs are covered.
- Visa costs are covered.
- Meals are covered.
- Accommodation is covered.
- Health insurance is provided.
What are the Eligibility Criteria of the Sister2Sister Exchange Program 2023 in the USA?
- The applicant must be a female Pakistani national
- They must be 18 to 24 years old by June 1st, 2023, a female student (Born June 1st, 1999 – June 1st, 2005).
- They must have 12 years minimum of schooling.
- They must be committed to returning to Pakistan after finishing an undergraduate degree program at a recognized Pakistani university.
- At the end of the Exchange Program, they must still have at least one semester (or an equal term) to finish at their home university.
- They must either have enrolled in a four-year bachelor’s program right now or enrolled in the first year of a master’s program after completing a two-year bachelor’s degree.
- They must have shown promise for leadership at the university or in the community.
- They must be interested in finding out more about the USA.
- They must have good grades, distinctions, prizes, and recommendation letters.
- They must have Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 70% over the previous three years.
- There are no failing marks on the record.
- They must be fluent in English.
- They must not have visited the US before.
- They must be able to dedicate themselves to the program in the United States at any moment between June and August 2023.
- Applications from second and third-year engineering students are strongly encouraged.
Required Documents for 2023 Sister2Sister Program:
- passport size photograph
- Identification Certificate (this may include NIC or Smart Card or Passport)
- last 3 years’ original transcript scan including an explanation of the grading scale of the university issuing the degree
- Reference Letter
- College/University admission letter/ letter by the head of the department is to be attached to the online application before submission.
How to apply for the Sister2Sister Exchange Program 2023 in USA?
- The students must make an account with an email on their online portal.
- Scan copies of all your university-attested transcripts must be uploaded online including the most recent transcript.
- Every application received beyond the deadline would be automatically rejected.
- The student must fill in the correct data
- They must write NA in a section that does not apply to them.
What is the deadline to apply for Sister2Sister Exchange Program 2023 in USA
- October 31st, 2022
Method of Application
Interested applicants should apply using the link below