The Master of Transportation Sciences offers twelve students from developing countries a scholarship to obtain a master’s degree in Transportation Sciences (specialization: Road Safety). Applications are now open.
The International Course Programme (ICP) anually offers twelve students from developing countries a scholarship to obtain an MSc in Transportation Sciences (specialization: Road Safety). The programme takes two years and has a specific focus on road safety in developing countries.
Students are trained to identify transportation and road safety issues in order to create innovative solutions by using an integrative approach based on three pillars: the individual (dealing with the human behavior in traffic and how to influence it e.g. intentional and unintentional behavior such as drunk driving or cognitive impairments), the environment (e.g. creating self-explaining roads and infrastructure that minimizes crash impact) and the society (e.g. societal norms and translation into policy and enforcement measures). Road safety in this programme is approached as a cross-border field, incorporating elements of psychology, economy, urban planning, environmental studies, engineering and more.
Hasselt University Master Scholarships Summary:
Application Deadline: 1st February 2024
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Belgium
About the Award: The Master of Transportation Sciences is happy to announce we now have a call for participants for the ICP Scholarship 2024.
Eligibility: With the International Course Programme, VLIR-UOS financially supports Master of Transportation Sciences English master’s programmes focussing on development-related themes. The scholarship sponsor has stipulated a number of eligibility criteria applicants must meet, e.g.:
- The maximum age of applicants should be 35 on 1st January 2024
- Only people from the below 31 countries are eligible for a scholarship
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
- Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
Number of Awards: 10
Value of Master of Transportation Sciences Award:
- Monthly allowance: € 1150/month (for cost of meals, transport, personal expenses and accommodation)
- 1- time payment for indirect travel costs: € 150
- 1- time payment for logistical allowance: € 850
- Insurance, international travel and tuition fee
Duration of Program: 2 years
How to Apply:
APPLICATION DEADLINE ICP CONNECT: 1ST FEBRUARY 2024 (ONLINE APPLICATION + HARD COPIES BY POST AT HASSELT UNIVERSITY).
A complete application consists of the following two parts:
- Complete the online pre-registration. Make sure all required fields have been filled in and all required documents have been uploaded.
On the STUDY PROGRAMME page, choose for the “Master of Transportation Sciences: Traffic Safety (new from 19-20) (incl ICP)“. After the HIGHER EDUCATION page, you can proceed to the ICP page where you can select if you wish to apply for an ICP scholarship (if you meet the eligibility criteria).
- Send hard copies of certified degree certificates and academic transcripts as well as a printout of the filled-in ICP application form (to be downloaded from the “ICP” page) by postal mail. The ICP application form also contains a checklist of all documents that have to be sent by postal mail. All applicants are required to send certified hard copies of higher education (Bachelor, Master, PhD, etc.) diploma certificates as well as transcripts of records thereof by postal mail to Hasselt University. If your documents are in a language other than English, French, Dutch or German you need to send certified hard copies of the officially translated documents as well.
What are certified hard copies?
Your Application Is Only Complete And Can Be Processed Once Both Your Online Pre-Registration Is Complete And The Certified Hard Copies Of Your Documents Have Arrived At The Admission’s Office Before The Application Deadline. Applications And Documents Received After This Deadline Will Not Be Taken Into Consideration.
If you have any questions related to the administrative side of the application procedure, send an email to: [email protected]
Only complete and admissible applications that reach us before the application deadline will be taken into consideration. A ranking will be made. The top 10 applicants will receive a scholarship. There will also be a waiting list of eligible candidates who ranked between 10 to max. 20.
Applicants who have been granted a scholarship will be informed by VLIR-UOS via email between the end of May and mid-June 2024. Applicants who have not been granted a scholarship will be informed by Hasselt University in the same time frame.
Applicants who are not granted a scholarship, but are academically admissible, will be given the opportunity to be admitted to the non-scholarship master in Transportation Sciences