The goal of the MOPGA Scholarship Program is to welcome 40 young researchers who want to conduct their study in France.
The initiative is supported by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and is carried out by Campus France in association with the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research.
- Host Country: France
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Sponsorship | 3,000 Euros Monthly Pay
- Deadline: January 16, 2023
In order to improve scientific contributions to climate change concerns raised by the COPs, France, a significant participant in the fight against climate change and a guarantor of the Paris Agreement, is introducing a new MOPGA visiting fellowship program.
Researchers tackling topics related to climate change will get support from the MOPGA 2023 Visiting Fellowship Program for Young Researchers.
From September 2023 over a 12-month period, 40 scholarships will be given to deserving young researchers.
Foreign researchers who fulfil the following conditions can apply:
- having a doctoral degree for less than 5 years
- being exclusively of foreign nationality
- not have resided in France after September 1st 2022 (for more than 90 days)
The host institution and the laureates will construct a research stay convention that will precisely outline the resources made available by the laboratory so that the researcher can carry out the research project.
Individuals fitting the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Applicants who do NOT hold French citizenship
- Foreign researchers holding a doctoral degree for less than 5 years (must have passed their thesis defense between December 2017 and January 2023)
- Foreign researchers who have not resided in France after September 1st 2022 (for more than 90 days)
Scholarship Duration and Reward
This fellowship includes the following benefits :
- Monthly allowance of 2,500 euros
- Moving allowance of 500 euros
- Support for social security coverage
- Support for health insurance
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- CV including the list of your publications in English (4 pages max)
- PhD Diploma (or certificate of PhD diploma)
- CV of your research supervisor in the French host institution (2 pages max)
- Letter of support from the French host institution
- Letters of recommendation (3 max)
- Passport or proof of ID
Method of Application
Applications should be submitted via the following link