University of Toronto President’s Scholars of Excellence Scholarship is for the most highly qualified secondary school students applying to the first year of direct entry, undergraduate studies will be distinguished as President’s Scholars of Excellence.
They will receive a $10,000 entrance scholarship in their first year of studies; guaranteed access to part-time, meaningful, on-campus employment during the second year; and guaranteed access to an international learning opportunity during their U of T experience.
- Host Country: Canada
- Study Abroad: Study in Canada
- Category: Secondary School Scholarships | Undergraduate Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: $10,000 | Part-time employment offer
- Deadline: Not Specified
The admitting Faculty may offer additional features; these will be communicated explicitly in the letter of admission. Outstanding domestic and international secondary school students are considered automatically for these scholarships based on their average at the time of admission (applicants who have previously attended a post-secondary institution are not eligible for President’s Scholars of Excellence consideration).
The scholarship is tenable only in the Faculty that makes the offer. Payment of the award is conditional on full-time registration at the University in the fall of the year the award is granted; retention of the higher-year opportunities attached to the award requires the student’s continuing full-time registration in good standing.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Be new to UoT, entering directly from secondary school.
- Be an international student who will be studying at UoT on a Canadian study permit (student visa). (Changes to your citizenship status will affect your IMES eligibility.)
- Demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and intellectual promise, as well as impressive extracurricular and community involvement.
- Not be nominated for a need-and-merit-based International Scholars award.
To be awarded to the University’s most outstanding secondary school students on admission. Recipients must be applying to the first year of direct-entry undergraduate studies
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- A $10,000 entrance scholarship in first year (non-renewable).
- Access to meaningful part-time on-campus employment during your second year. PSEP recipients will receive a notice from the Career and Co-Curricular Learning Network (CLNx)(external link) in August following their first year of study, inviting them to apply for Work-Study positions that give priority to PSEP recipients.
- Access to an international learning opportunity during your university studies. Please note that this guarantee does not include funding, but financial assistance may be available if you have demonstrable financial need.
- Additional features may be offered by the admitting division. Please refer to your letter of offer for further details.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply directly to the university using the link below
Outstanding domestic and international secondary school students are considered automatically for the President’s Scholars of Excellence Program (PSEP) upon admission (i.e. a separate application is not required).