Applications are invited from suitably qualified international students for the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung Scholarships 2024 aimed at supporting students who intend to complete postgraduate or master studies, doctoral studies or a research fellowship of at least three semesters at a university in Germany.
This edition of the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung awards scholarships targets international students from Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Kenya and Ethiopia to study at one of the over 400 universities in Germany.
Konrad Adenauer Stiftung Scholarship Summary:
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Konrad Adenauer Stiftung Foundation
Host Institution(s): Partner Institutions in Germany
Scholarship Slots: Not stated.
Scholarship Worth: Full Funding
Study Level: Masters and Doctoral
Nationality: International Students
Konrad Adenauer Stiftung Scholarships 2024 | Eligibility Criteria
To apply for the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung Scholarships 2024; applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have a university degree,
- Prove above average academic performance,
- Are no older than 35 when applying,
- Have good knowledge of the German language (B1* or B2 level),
- Are actively engaged in voluntary work,
- Plan to study a minimum of 4 semesters at a university in Germany,
- Possess a broad general education and distinct interest in political issues,
- Have a positive attitude towards democracy and human rights,
- Are open to develop their personal points of view and practice tolerance, and
- Are highly motivated and able to convince us of their goals in life.
- Sufficient knowledge in German (level B2) is obligatory for all scholars before the beginning of their university studies in Germany. In exceptional cases, we financially support German language courses in Germany to achieve B2 level as preparation for your studies in Germany.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung Scholarships 2024 are to complete an online application and provide all the required information by the application deadline.
Please send your complete application to: [email protected]
Please download and fill out the application form and attach the following documents:
- A meaningful CV including details about your previous voluntary work or social commitment.
- Motivation letter.
- Copies of your examination certificates in German translation if the originals are not in English.
- Copies of your studies performance records if you have been studying at a University in Germany.
- Proof of German language skills (B 2).
- An academic letter of recommendation: This letter should provide information about your academic qualifications and potential; it should not be older than two months. The author has to be a university professor or teacher holding a doctoral degree.
- A letter of recommendation concerning the applicant’s personality: This letter should focus on your personality and interests as well as your values and social commitment. The author cannot be the same as the one providing the academic letter of recommendation.
- A proof of your voluntary work, if available.
- A certificate of admission or matriculation from your university in Germany, if available.
If you are applying for a PhD-Scholarship, please include additionally the following documents:
- A detailed description of your doctoral thesis: This exposé, written in German or English (4-5 pages), should outline the central research question of your proposed project, its scientific relevance, your theoretical approach and the motives behind your choice of the research subject. It should also contain a work and time schedule and a bibliography.
- A second academic letter of recommendation: This second letter should be written by the supervisor of your doctoral thesis, providing you already have one. It replaces the letter of recommendation concerning the applicant’s personality.
- A written confirmation from the intended faculty or department stating that the admission to the doctoral program is unconditional, if already available.
Application Deadline: Check the website.