Applications are currently invited from suitably qualified candidates who are Single Mum for Allison Taylor Single Mum Scholarship at Curtin University. This Need Based and Merit Based scholarship will support a single mum on her higher education journey.
The Allison Taylor Single Mum Scholarship was developed to honour the memory of Allison Taylor, a devoted mother, loving grandmother, admired friend and adored colleague to many at Curtin University. As a single mum, Allison was a passionate advocate for women, who believed in the power of education to enrich the mind and embolden the heart.
CURTIN UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP SUMMARY:
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Curtin University, Australia
- Host Institution(s): Curtin University, Australia
- Funding Amount: $10,050
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Undergraduates
- Nationality: International Students
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for the Allison Taylor Single Mum Scholarship:
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Permanent Humanitarian, New Zealand Citizen or International student
- Single Mum
- Enrolled full-time (100 credits) or part-time (50 credits) in an undergraduate degree at Curtin University
- Have a minimum course weighted average (CWA) of 65
- Must have dependents they are raising whilst undertaking their degree
The Allison Taylor Single Mum Scholarship will provide the following support for a maximum of 2.5 years (based on a full-time study load of 100 credits per semester):
- A total value of $10,050 paid as a cash stipend of $2,010 per semester. The recipients can use the funding at their discretion to contribute towards educational related expenses.
How-to-Apply: Applicants seeking for the Allison Taylor Single Mum Scholarship should follow these steps:
Step 1: Access application form
- Application form can be accessed via the ‘My Studies’ tab in OASIS or via the ‘Apply Online’ button on the top right-hand side of the official webpage.
- Please note that this link will direct you to the general “Equity Scholarship Program” application form. Once you submit your application, you will then be considered for all scholarships that you are eligible for in this round.
Step 2: Complete
- Complete the application form online
- Application form can be saved at any point of the process
- Multiple scholarships can be applied for at one time
- Tips on how to complete your application can be found on the ‘Applying for scholarships’ page on the scholarships website
Step 3: Submit
- Closing date is listed at the top of the page and within the Scholarships Channel on OASIS
- Incomplete applications will not be assessed
- Once submitted, application status will change to submitted
Step 4: Receipt
- Application receipt will be sent to student email once application has been submitted
Step 5: Assessment
- Applications will be assessed by an assessment panel using the following criteria:
- Responses to questions in application form
- Academic merit
- Passion for course
- Minimum CWA of 65
- Socio-economic status
- Preference will be given to mature age students if there is a tie
Step 6: Outcome
- All successful and unsuccessful applicants notified of their outcome via the Scholarships Channel (Student OASIS) within 6-8 weeks of the scholarship closing date
Step 7: Acceptance
- Successful applicants must accept the terms and conditions via the Scholarship Channel (Student OASIS) by the deadline
- Scholarship will be awarded if there are applicants of sufficient merit.
Application Deadline: March 06, 2024